Welcome back! Some of us love to show our holiday or seasonal spirit by decorating our homes to include our doors. Today we are going to take a few minutes to go over step-by-step directions on how to make a door hanger/wreath.
You will need the following:
- Wooden Circle – https://amzn.to/2U3nR4k
- Paint – https://amzn.to/2IgdNCM
- Mod Podge – https://amzn.to/3eBRraH
- Foam Brush – https://amzn.to/3eCe7Y8
- Acrylic Paint Brushes – https://amzn.to/38pPJrY
- Permanent Vinyl – https://amzn.to/32pPGbG
- Cricut Tool – https://amzn.to/3lhrsYI
- Heavy Duty Stapler – https://amzn.to/2IkESoh
- Screw Eye Pins – https://amzn.to/3lbNXhy
- Twine String – https://amzn.to/3lbgqDX
- Ribbon –
Your first step would be to either to cut your wooden circle and sand it or make sure your puchased circle is smooth.
After your circle is ready, you can add paint. I have been using Plaid Enterprises products to include their FolkArt and Waverly paint.
While your paint is drying, you can cut your vinyl saying or picture. You can either apply the vinyl or use it as a stencil and paint on your design.
You should seal the design. I use mod podge.
After your seal has dried, you are ready for ribbon. I use about 6 stripes (about 9 inches) along with tulle or a thinner ribbon.
Using a heavy duty stapler, you need to make a loop and staple each ribbon strip into the shape of a bow.
You can also add some tails to your ribbon.
Once you have everything in place, you will need to add screw eye pins and twine so that you can hang your beautiful creation.
Your project is now complete. Go hang it on your door or give it away as a gift. If you want to see more ideas or leave the work to us visit our shop (https://procrascreationdiy.com/product-category/door-decor/).