I am finally in my new home and workspace! Which means all the projects that I am working on needs to be completed and others started. One such project is some particle board bookshelves. I have four them and in my new space, I wanted something that looked more substantial. This project helped me achieve that goal.
The first thing that I had to do was to remove the back panels and the shelf pegs.
Once these items were removed, I added trim that I had precut at a local hardware store. I used a pneumatic staple gun to add these piece. In addition, I used wood putty to fill the holes created by the staples.
The next step required that the bookshelves be painted. I tried to spray paint it but did not like the process. I ended up painting the shelves with white chalk paint.
Inbetween the three coats of paint, I used adhesive spray to add fabric to the back panels.
After the paint dried, I stapled the panels back onto the bookshelves and added a piece of wood to help secured the bookshelf.
Look at how they turned out. I am so excited about this new ProCrascreationDIY space. Looking forward to many more inspirational projects.
If you would like to watch the process unfold via video, please watch https://youtu.be/pUFycfNbYs, like and Subscribe!
See you soon!