This project added a great look to my ProcrasCreation DIY space. I was actually using the pipe to add legs to my door desk and had some leftover pipes and decided I would use them to make shelving above my upcycled bookshelves (See that project here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBL5x2yhjroejuytSswVM1g).
- 8 – 1/2″ x 8″ Black Steel Pipes (http://amzn.to/2IIoqKa)
- 8 – Black Floor Flange (http://amzn.to/2pxxGZi)
- 8- Black Elbows (http://amzn.to/2puq2OI)
- Paint (I used chalk paint from previous projects – gray and white as well as a little of the color that I was using on the wall).
- Goo Gone (http://amzn.to/2G1038K)
- Wire Brush
The first thing that I did was paint the shelves. I started with white chalk paint and then I decided I wanted them darker so I used gray. To give the board a distressed aged look, I sanded them and randomly added some of my wall color.
From there I started on the pipe and fittings. I had to scrape off all of the stickers and clean the pipes with the Goo Gone.
After all of the pipes were cleaned, I added white and green painted to each pipe and pipe fitting creating the aged look.
The pipes were then screwed into the wall, ensuring that we used studs because the 2×4 boards were heavy. And here is the finished look…
I love these shelves!!! If you do too and want to see the step by step process on video, click here https://youtu.be/jZt_T9YVx2E
Please subscribe and find me on these other social media websites!
Leave your comments and questions below.