Welcome back Procrascreators!!! Let’s jump right back into how this rocking chair was transformed into a beautiful piece that I can’t wait to add to my home.
After adding 2 coats of polyurethane, I attached jute webbing and burlap to the bottom of the seat. The springs were tied down with hemp. I originally tried jute string but it was not strong enough. The bottom of the springs was sown to the jute webbing and burlap.
I had to redo the jute webbing (not shown). The videos I watched all stapled the webbing after it was folded onto the chair. I did not initally do that and the chair did not hold my weight. Once I folded it over, it held me.
I then added burlap to the top of the springs and the back of the chair.
From there I added foam, batting, and cotton to the bottom of the seat (1/2 inch foam was attached to the back of the chair and 2-inch foam to the seat).
Batting was added to the front and back portions of the back of the seat.
The material was then added using the pictures I took when deconstructing the chair. I also added decorative trim to the seat and decorative tacks the back of the chair.
It turned out beautifully!!!! I am so excited that it turned out so well. I can’t wait to tackle my next procrascreationdiy project! I hope you enjoyed this.
Please leave comments below and remember that I am not an expert. Follow and subscribe. Thank you!!